Friday, October 31, 2008

VeganMoFo day #31 - candy corn & pizza

This is the last day of VeganMoFo and I'm sad that it's ending. I have been to almost all of the blogs doing VeganMoFo, I have less than 20 left to go. I loved reading about all of the different vegan food and perspectives. I'm really looking forward to mofo next year.

Seeing all of the halloween themed food inspired me to make a Jack-o-Lantern Pizza. Not my own idea, I either saw it on a blog, TV or both. I had been planning on making a pizza this week because we got a shipment of Teese. I made a pesto/red sauce/teese/basil/pineapple pizza. To make it more pumpkinish, I slathered it with way more fake cheeze than I would normally use. I love a pesto pizza!



We also made a white Teese pizza with a more normal amount of cheeze.


I think Teese is very similar to Follow Your Heart. FYH doesn't smell quite as much, so I'm going with that. Plus it's already in my co-op. I love white cheddar Cheezly too, but we don't get it too often. I think we're finally done trying Scheeze. 3rd time has convinced me that it is not my cup o' tea. Galaxy foods makes vegan rice slices that I like.

The crust we used was a Vicolo cornmeal crust.

I made candy corn using Melisser's recipe. They were good. So good that I lost count of how many I've eaten.
I got bored part way through forming them and made some into a ball. I think that was my way of taking a time out. Not done with it yet, got more forming to do.



Here is Scoatt with a "lion cut" that I gave him this summer while I was in VT. The hair on Scoatt's neck so long that it has to be trimmed. Otherwise, he can't clean himself.



9 comments:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

I love your Halloween pizza, Bethany! It's so super creative, plus it looks so delicious!
The candy corn is pure awesomeness! I'm diggin' the candy corn ball! :)
Scoatt looks so happy with his haircut!

yasmin said...

i love that candy corn ball, and i love how the other candy corn is pointing at it.

i call the "lion cut" scoatt has a "poodle cut." well, not really, but one of my friends gave her all-white cat that haircut and it looked just like a poodle.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, fun pizza! Hooray for candy corn! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Lily Girl said...

That picture of your cat is too much. His expression is exactly that which I would expect Kunin to have if I came anywhere near him with shears :o)
I really need to make that candy corn. B loves the stuff and the ones from the store are just loaded with crap.

KZ said...

what an adorable haircut! darling.

For the Love of Guava said...

hmmm... everyone keeps talking about this Follow your Heart Teese and all I ever see is Soy Station... I'm on a mission...

Jen Treehugger said...

Oooooh yummy looking pizzas - the Pumkin one is ace. You have way more patience than me for making all those Candies - kudos to you.
My Fizzgig has the same problem as Scoatt - in the fact that they are both big fur balls and need to be trimmed regularly.
Well done on all your MoFo'ing - I've LOVED reading your blog and I'm glad I found you, and thanks for all your ace comments too.

*high fives*


Ooooh yeah - you should get a subcribe via email option on your blog because I am lazy.

:)

Bethany said...

Jeni - ask and ye shall receive. Anything for you, I added a subscribe via email link on the side bar.

My patience ran out and the bowl of unformed and undyed candy corn is sitting on the counter being picked at.

Jen Treehugger said...

YAY!
thanking you's.
:)