Monday, December 22, 2008

VeganSnowFo day 4 - cupcakes a plenty

I made some orange "sort of filled" cupcakes from where else, but Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I didn't fill all of them because the filling was more like a really good creamy jello than pudding. I think it would be excellent as a summer dessert by itself, but not in a cupcake. The cupcakes themselves were tasty. They had orange zest in them to make them nice and orangey. I frosted them with a mixture of melted chocolate, vanilla, orange zest, soymilk and powdered sugar.

I took advantage of the tons of snow and great outside lighting.
~~~~~

Chessa, this is for you. It's supposed to make you drool and get you in the kitchen to make biscuits 'n gravy. Who am I kidding, you're on autopilot when it comes to this recipe. Here's to hoping your PCC class selection dream comes true and Dawnula teaches another class.

~~~~~
Kobie is busy searching for cupcakes in the snow.

8 comments:

Tara said...

I agree with you, I like the orange filling on its own but not necessarily in the cupcakes.
Kobie looks like he's having fun!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Cupcakes and Kobie in the snow! I want snow!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I've not tried the orange filling for cupcakes yet but it does sound so good and they look gorgeous too.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Aww, SnowFo! Looks like you're whipping up lovely treats.

Tara said...

Enough snow for you yet? I'm a little jealous, we haven't had a big snowfall in a few weeks. Of course, last year our huge snow dump was in April. At least you will have a very white Christmas, and it seems like you're having fun playing in the snow!

Felicity said...

mmm, those cupcakes look sooo good!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

*pokes Kobie* Found anything good down there buddy?

For the Love of Guava said...

**HUGS Kobie... as usual**

We're thinking about cupcakes instead of a big cake for the wedding... maybe I should get VCTOTW and start practicing now... who needs to fit into a dress... I'll just wear a napkin so I don't get frosting all over myself... NOM NOM NOM!!!

**Loses wrestling match to Kobie in the snow fighting over the cupcake**