Sunday, December 14, 2008

award, Banana pancakes, wayward cafe & SNOW

Thanks, Joanna and Tara for awarding me the proximity award. It's really nice of you. I think you're both awesome and caring people. Your blogs put a smile on my face.
I think it's a relative of the butterfly award, there is even evidence in the pic :).

Here's the scoop on this award:
"This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

Here are the 8 bloggers I think you should check out, if you haven't already. I gotta give some props to VeganMofo for helping me find them! Of course you should know that everybody on my blogroll should be on this list PLUS the blogs that I haven't added to the roll yet. What can I say, it really needs updating.

1. chocolate covered vegan
2. Guava
3. Becks - I am not a Rabbit
4. Jeni Treehugger
5. wingraclaire
6. Seitan is my motor
7. Tofu mom
8. Thrifty Living

~~~~~~

We went to the Wayward Cafe on Saturday. It recently changed owners to the couple that runs Pizza Pi and the manager of Sidecar and her husband. The Wayward is in a neighborhood, which is really odd zoning wise. I would love to have a house across the street so I could eat there every day. I hope the people in that neighborhood know how lucky they are.

We got there at 3 PM, but hey, no problem. Breakfast is served all day. Can't argue w/ that. If you're like me, you've probably already looked for pictures. Hey, what can I say. sometimes I'm too blinded by food to remember silly things like my camera that was in the car.

I had the breakfast special (scramble, toast, hashbrowns). Andy had the seitanic philly. Both were really really good. They even had a shaker w/ nutritional yeast in it. Come on, you gotta love a place that has nutritional yeast as a condiment. Of course I slathered my toast with it. Too bad you weren't here Joanna, fellow toast slatherer, you could have done the same.

If you're in Seattle, YOU HAVE TO STOP BY THE WAYWARD CAFE.

~~~~~

Numi Tea. I've been drinking lots of honeybush. It's been growing on me. I liked the Roobios Chai so much that I got a box. mmmmm...

Red Mellow Bush (Roobios). Really good. 'Nuff said. If you haven't had Roobios yet, what are you waiting for? It tastes sort of like a berry tea, but not really. Hard to explain.

Berry Black (caffeine - Darjeeling, hibiscus, strawberries, rasperries, rosehips, raspberry leaves). I liked this hot, but I think it would be really good iced. VERY fruity.

~~~~~

This morning (well afternoon for the rest of you), Andy made pancakes with bananas on top and some Yves meatless breakfast patties aka snausages. ~~~~~

Wingraclaire, all your pictures of snow have put a spell on Woodinville and we got snow :). Well at least my part has snow. It snowed on and off for two days (Friday and Saturday). When we went out yesterday, the snow stopped a few miles from my house. yay, I'm so "lucky". With the amount I got last night, maybe the snow covered more area.

There is somebody in the house that LOVES snow. Kobie.

Here he is on the first night, Friday.
Today, Sunday, he spent a lot of time running around in the snow. He has it all over his face because he loves to eat snow.
Here he is in action. He's like a steam shovel.
The Judge is very nosy, so he came outside to see what was going on. Of course, he immediately wanted to be protected from the cold.

Here is the cat cage. You can see the tunnel on the left leading out from the house to the cage. The tunnel has a tarp over it so that the cats can hang out there when it's rainy and they won't get wet. Though some of them don't care about that. Behind the cage is a shed that I have been tiling for 3+ years now. When it's done, it will be connected to the cat cage. Why they need a clubhouse I don't know. I knew 3+ years ago.

13 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Bethany, you have just made my day so much brighter! I can't thank you enough!!!

And if you hadn't already brightened my day, that snowy-Kobie pic certainly would've done the trick!

Felicity said...

Wow, thanks for the award! :)
I love all your outdoor cat constructions. Haha, that shot of Kobie with snow on his nose is great. And those pancakes... yummmm.

Anonymous said...

Lucky kitties!! I so want to do something like this for my guys :) What adorable pics, btw, just gorgeous. And pancakes are my favourite food, EVER.

beastmomma said...

Thanks for the tip about the Wayward Cafe. I will certainly have to check it out.

wingraclaire said...

Wow!!! Thank you!!! You are so sweet. I will check out those other people on the list, because I see you mention them often. I already love Thrifty Living. Every time you write about what's available in Seattle, you make me want to visit. I have never been there. Although I was happy to send a little snow your way, I don't think you're going to want our temps, which are heading straight down to zero (or below) tonight and won't be rising very high tomorrow.

You totally made my day/night! I understand I'm to pass the love on down the line, but please understand if it's not immediately. In two days I'm going to do something that I've never done, something that will be the opposite of thrifty and will put me in proximity of only my daughter: I'm going to Hong Kong! That's where wei-k.livejournal.com has been living for the past four months, teaching English. With any luck, I will be able to post about vegan food a gazillion miles away from home.

Glad you seem to be feeling better, and your cat tunnel rocks!

wingraclaire

Bethany said...

wingraclaire - you're welcome. I hope you have a great time in Hong Kong. I'm so excited for you.

chocolate covered vegan - you're welcome, you deserve it :)

felicity - you're welcome. Kobie was so psyched for the snow. He likes to bury his whole face in the snow when he eats it.

madcapcupcake - :) this cat cage is much bigger then the one I had before. The cats loved the old smaller one too (it was on my deck).

beastmomma - you're going to love wayward. they are really nice there and the food is great.

Jen Treehugger said...

You're so lovable!!
Thank you for my award. I love Kobie with his sprinkling of snow - he looks all festive tell him.

*throws snowball*

Sheree' said...

Congrats on your award! Dang they need more vegan friendly restaurants in our neck of the woods and I need to tell you that my kitties are so jealous of your kitty play area!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! And thank you a lot. So sweet that you gave the award to me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you lovely Bethany! You are so good to me! Right back at ya buddy!
I love your snow dog! Kobie rocks.
And the Judge too! So funny >:o)
I wish we had space for a cat run like yours~ it looks amazing, my two would love it!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Snowy Kobie! The cuteness is too much!

Your cat cage is so impressive! Such lucky kitties. They get to be outdoor cats with the safety of indoor cats!

For the Love of Guava said...

all I want to do in life right now is make snow angels with Kobie!!! hehee... are you finally better you sad sad little sick vegan you?? Oh yeah.. and I think I'm moving right across from that restaurant... nooch in the shakers??? LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

ahh bethany!! nooch as a condiment??? how crazy cool is that?
i definitely am jealous.

kobie is just like my dog... except your dog can run and play. my dog is ancient, but she still loves sitting in the cold and chowing down on white (and yellow) snow.

that cat cage is really neat. i've never seen somebody build a cage for cats!! they are so lucky to have you and andy as parents :)