Thursday, September 18, 2008

Croquette City - about a year late ;-)

I tried 2 recipes from Fatfree Vegan Kitchen's challenge last year. Yeah, I'm a bit behind the times at reading blogs and taking action. Better late than never. I tried Vineet Aggarwal's Thai "fish" croquettes:

and Jule J's sundried tomato hummus croquettes.

Both recipes were good and the outside baked up really crispy - just like if you had deep fried them but without all the grease. I reduced the thai red curry paste a bit in the recipe because it was a bit overwhelming. I thought they tasted best the second day when I baked them in the oven a second time. A note about the hummus recipe - make sure it's really thick or you will get a soft (but still tasty) inside to your croquettes. I am really looking forward to trying more and making my own version. Great idea for a post, Susan.

2 comments:

Susan Voisin said...

I'm so glad to hear you tried these recipes! I've been intrigued by them for a while, but just haven't gotten around to making them yet.

Bethany said...

Croquette city is far from over ;-). I love them because they are easy to make, taste great and 1 batch lasts 2 nights. They have lots of green beans in them, so that is a plus.