Monday, September 22, 2008

Random snackage in cake city

During my Thai cooking fest, I made some other snacks.


Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World. These were great. I could really taste the different flavors of chocolate, almond, cayenne. Andy brought most of them to work and they disappeared quickly. Which to be honest, in his hallway at work, things don't stay around for long. Though this time it was because of the awesomeness of the cupcake. I LOVE this cookbook. Btw, the pic sucks because I was more focused on taking it quickly so I could eat one. Gotta have the right priorities once in a while.

Coffee Cake from the Joy of Vegan Baking. I liked it best the next day. I was tasty, but I still don't think of it as coffee cake. To me, coffee cake is a white cake with sort of hard crumbles of brown sugary goodness. The brown sugar layer has melted part way into the cake, giving the cake flavor. I gotta email my brother for the recipe we grew up with so that I can veganize it.

No comments: