Wednesday, April 22, 2009

PIF 3 & some sun

Here are the people participating in the double PIF. Thanks so much for joining me, it should be really fun.

Please email me your mailing address at "sdcatvegan [at] gmail.com", so I can send you your PIF loot. Note that it will take me a couple of months to make it. I'm slow, but steady.

Wingraclaire
Sal
Beastmomma
Tejolote
PirateWA
Charlotte





~~~~~

I had to try this mango & coconut cake when I read about it a while back on Sal's (Alien on Toast) blog. Hats off to you, Sal, for sharing such an amazing recipe!

It was so good, that I've made it twice now. One of these days, the cake will last long enough to try the frosting recipe. The second time I added pineapple and it was even more fantastic. The mangoes don't have to be perfect, so if you get a blah mango, this is the perfect way to use it.


~~~~~

Believe it or not, it's been really hot and sunny the past few days here in the Seattle area. Of course, we're now back to gloomy weather, but the sun bolstered my mood and I will survive until the next burst of sun.

Now that it is warmer, Kobie will be fighting me tooth and nail to stay outside all day and night until bedtime. Which is fine except when he is really hot and needs to cool down. Stubborn doggie! Here is a pic that I took through the window of him sleeping on the porch.


Tubs is pinning down Chippy so he can groom him. lick, lick, lick, bite. The nosy Judge is watching.

Tubs took off and The Judge moved in. Mostly so he can see what I'm doing. That's what a pesky photographer's assistant does.

9 comments:

wingraclaire said...

Whoa, cool! Thank you!!!

And look at those animals enjoying the sun. I don't blame them - it's been a long winter. But is Seattle really as gloomy as people say it is?

Bethany said...

It is gloomy. It didn't really get to me for many years. But now, I go a bit crazy if I don't have sun and heat around February for at least a couple weeks so I can make it through the winter.

beastmomma said...

Hello Bethany,
Your email address is not working. I would like your mailing address as well, so maybe you could send me a message with your information and I can reply to that with mine?

Jen Treehugger said...

Sal's Cake sure does look and sound GORGEOUS!!
I so must make this soon.
Kobie is as adorable as ever but he looks super cutetastic when he's sleeping!
I want to give him a big cuddle.

Amy said...

Mmmmm cake. Mmmmm mango! And awwww kitties!!!! They are too adorable!!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I'm so excited about PIF - gonna email you now.

YAY so glad you liked the cake!! My friends love that one, it's always the one they request for birthdays ... etc.

Suzanne said...

Kobie is too cute! Congrats to Sable for getting adopted. Kobie must be happy to be the only dog in the house again. Glad you are all enjoying the sun. We are too!

Felicity said...

I love the pics of your furry family. And the cake looks delicious!

For the Love of Guava said...

Oh man... gotta love some Alien on Toast huh... that mango cake looks moist and delicious and delightful!!! Apparently, we just missed mango season in hawaii... bah... I'll have to hunt some down here to try that! Oh Kobie... how I've missed you... Scoot does the same thing and totally bakes until he's panting and sweaty and stinky... and then he wants to come into the cool and sit on your lap... silly pups! :)

P.S. Missed you lady!