Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Congrats to Sable

Eco goodness is coming to my house this week. I'm having a heat pump installed (the above ground kind). Overall, a lot less energy will be used (way less propane, but more electricity than our current system). We pay extra for wind powered electricity, so that is not so bad.

There will also be an air purifier and a humidifier added to the system. Hopefully my skin won't be so dry. Anyhoo, I'm excited.

~~~~~

On the dog front, Sable was adopted this past Sunday by a really nice family. Here are a few pics of her hanging out.


8 comments:

yasmin said...

Yay for Sable. She's cute : )

wingraclaire said...

Glad Sable has a good home. I'll bet you'll miss her. She was lucky to have such a good foster home.

What's a heat pump?

Amy said...

Awww Sable is just gorgeous! I'm both very very happy and very sad that she has a new home (happy for her, happy that it's a good one and sad for you because I can only imagine how hard it was to see her go!)

Tara said...

I'm so happy Sable found a good home! You are so nice for fostering her!

VeganView said...

You were SO RIGHT ON with Real Food Daily! Thank you so much! Best vegan meal ever. :)

Felicity said...

Glad Sable has a permanent home, but I bet you'll miss her. The ground heat pumps are a great idea, I think they're probably the most environmentally-friendly energy option.

Kelly said...

Those pictures are absolutely adorable.

For the Love of Guava said...

Sable you were one classy dame... and you will be missed.