I haven't tried that many new recipes that were worth blogging about, so you're not missing much. I've been sticking some of my favorites.
- oatmeal cookies from the Joy of Vegan Baking - they make about 3 dozen, delicious cookies.
- enchilada bake/stack up/lasagna. exactly the same as the enchiladas I have posted about before, but you just stack them up like lasagna.
- pancakes galore from candle cafe. Andy is really into making giant stacks of mini pancakes.
- white bean boursin from the ultimate uncheese cookbook
- The first of the 2 chickpea salad recipes on susanv's blog. this is the best sandwich spread. A good way to use up leftover celery. I just love it.
- frozen stuff that I made in December (empanadas, ravioli, stuffed shells). The stuffing in the shells held up well in the freezer, but the pasta part was not quite right. I think the trick is to not cook them all the way. Next time I'll just make eggplant parm and freeze that. or better yet, make pesto ravioli. the other 2 things were great.
Last weekend, we went out to Bamboo Garden, a vegan Chinese restaurant in Seattle.
Corn Chowder. They have 2 kinds on the menu. This is the super thick kind. Yum. You can't go wrong w/ their soup.
General Tso's "Chicken". Delicious fake chicken battered, deep fried and covered w/ a spicy sauce. We almost always get this or the almond "chicken".
Szechuan Fake Chicken over Noodles. I forget the real name, but this was pretty good. Blurriness is due to relentless steam action.